My growth at ICTE-UQ

It has been three months since I started this amazing experience, which is one of the greatest in my life. Being at ICTE-UQ, I have discovered how English gives you a wide view of the world and how useful and lovely it is.

First of all, I would like to write how English has allowed me to find out about different cultures. One of the advantages of being at ICTE-UQ is that you can interact with students from all over the world. This helps you not only to improve your English, but also gives you the opportunity to meet another cultures, that is, different traditions. Moreover, it is a fantastic way to make great friends for the rest of your life.

In ICTE-UQ, every session develops different skills in order to improve your English. Three months ago, I started my English course in Level 5 of General English, where I learnt essential elements to write different types of letters and essays accurately. In addition, I learnt a lot of vocabulary that allows me to understand and to speak with native English speakers.

Gisela and her friends at ICTE-UQ

Now, I am in EIBC ll. Here, I have improved my pronunciation and I have learnt several techniques to perform presentations. Moreover, my teachers have taught me a lot of vocabulary that allows me to express my ideas in a proper and accurate way in a business setting.
Throughout this time, I have acquired very useful skills which are necessary to have a proper performance in your professional career or to study a master abroad.

Thank you ICTE-UQ for giving me the opportunity to live this incredible experience and to learn how English can change your life.

In Mexico, I used to work in Banking and Financial Services. In this industry, English is essential because most banks are global. Hence, you have to deal with colleagues all over the world. Therefore, these new skills are going to give me advantages when I will apply for my new job. From the interview up to my daily work, English is going to be a very useful tool in order to have a great professional performance.

Read Gisela's other blogs:

Share your story

Are you a student or former student of UQ-ICTE?
Tell us your UQ-ICTE experience and inspire others.

Upload your story

13 April 2018