Student testimonial: I am so lucky to have had an opportunity to learn English at ICTE.

Celine attended ICTE on a six week scholarship.  Celine is from Brisbane's sister city, Kaohsiung in Taiwan​, and was the 2019 winner of the Sister City Scholarship program that included:

• Five week's of English language tuition at ICTE
  • Six week's accommodation courtesy of Atira 
  • One week's volunteer work experience with the International team at Brisbane City Council's Lord Mayors office.

Celine shares her experience in the testimonial below:

I am so lucky to have had an opportunity to learn English at ICTE. Not only did I learn English in an entertaining and interesting way, but I also met friends from all over the world by joining a variety of activities held by ICTE.

The ICTE Chorus held every Monday impressed me the most because of the teachers and students involved. It didn’t matter if you couldn’t sing, the ICTE Chorus welcomed everyone. We were extremely fortunate to perform for the Lord Mayor’s Friendship Ceremony at Brisbane City Hall and also at the International Students Meet Parliament event at Parliament House. I was so honoured to sing on the spectacular stages of City Hall and Parliament House and show the power of music.

Additionally, the Conversation Club hosted every Thursday was a unique opportunity to make friends from different countries and understand more about the culture of Australia. By communicating with people from different countries, we were able to improve our English speaking skills and broadened our horizons.

In conclusion, it was amazing to learn English at ICTE and there were loads of activities to fill my time on campus. If you are looking for a sign to learn English, I highly recommend ICTE to you. ICTE will never let you down.

10 September 2019