Student testimonial: My experience at ICTE has exceeded all my expectations

Jerome attended ICTE on a six week scholarship.  Jerome is from Brisbane's sister city, Shenzhen in China, and was the 2019 winner of the Sister City Scholarship program that included:

• Five week's of English language tuition at ICTE
  • Six week's accommodation courtesy of Student One in the Brisbane CBD
  • One week's volunteer work experience with the International team at Brisbane City Council's Lord Mayors office.

Jerome shares his experience in his testimonial below:

I had high expectations of ICTE because of it’s good reputation.

Before my arrival in Brisbane, I had already received kind hospitality from Mr. Pont and Ms. Chandler via email, where they organised my classes and accommodation. I was a little bit hesitant about the course selection, but Ms. Chandler was very patient to answer all my questions about the course and there were varieties of options for me.

The atmosphere in my ICTE class was really great and us students were free to raise any questions. Our teacher Brad, who was responsible for the IELTS teaching content, was very humorous and made us laugh all the time, while still remaining professional to answer all our questions. Nikki, our teacher who was responsible for the academic teaching content, always took care of everyone’s feelings. She would always explain the topic and ask if anyone felt uncomfortable or had any issue about the topic before we learnt it. She would also remember the students who missed previous classes and saved their learning materials.

I took an IELTS test before going to Australia and took another one after studying in ICTE. My overall scores increased from 6.5 to 7.5 and my writing band scores rose from 5.5 to 6.5.

I also made friends with students from all around the world, but most importantly, my IELTS test result increased! I took an IELTS test before going to Australia and took another one after studying in ICTE. My overall scores increased from 6.5 to 7.5 and my writing band scores rose from 5.5 to 6.5. I felt lucky and grateful to be able to receive a professional course in English from ICTE and the change, due to the learning experience in ICTE, definitely left a permanent mark in my life.

My experience at ICTE has exceeded all my expectations.

10 September 2019