Alumni Success Stories: UQ is the best university in the world

After his TESOL course at ICTE, Felipe started working as an English Teacher himself, back in Latin America. Read how he has been able apply many of the concepts and learning techniques acquired at ICTE to his own classrooms, in Chile and Peru. Felipe enjoyed his experience in Australia so much that he helped representing ICTE at different education fairs in Peru.

Felipe CáceresI’m Felipe Cáceres and I studied TESOL at ICTE in 2014. Since then, several positives things have happened.

I came back to Chile to work as an English teacher for a semi-public school, where I used many resources and activities learned at UQ. After 2 years, I decided to move to Peru to work for a British International school, part of the IB international schools around the globe.

In Peru, I have had the opportunity to put into practice everything I experienced and learned at ICTE. Now I am PYP teacher and my students have lots of fun with the activities and methodology that all my teachers taught me in Australia.

I miss the university of Queensland, ICTE and the people I met there. Part of me is still there. Sometimes I chat with some friends and get in contact with people I met in Australia.

I’m so proud of being part of UQ. I just want to go back and continue studying more. UQ is the best university in the world.

Read more:

27 July 2020