Alumni Success Stories: What I learned at ICTE has changed my life

Anna is passionate about travelling, meeting people from new cultures and helping others. She came all the way to Australia to study at ICTE, improve her English language English skills, and gain new experiences. Read how she has used her new skills for volunteering and work placements in Vietnam and the US, and now in her job as a Psychologist back in her home country, Italy.

I'm Anna from Milano, Italy. I spent 3 months studying at ICTE in 2015, and what I learned at ICTE has changed my life.

First of all, talking about educational aspects, it strongly improved my English skills. This allowed me to spend 6 months working in California as an intern in Psychology. Secondly, at the moment I'm working as a psychologist at the Italian National Emergency Helpline for children and adolescents in danger or in risky situations, where I also attend international meetings and keep the collaboration alive with international helplines and associations; experiences abroad and an English language certificate were required for this position.

I also spent 1 month as a volunteer in an orphanage in Vietnam teaching English to kids up to 12 years old. Travelling and meeting new cultures, people and experiences is still my greatest passion and I keep telling to everyone that this is a must-do experience.

I remember lessons with my ICTE teacher, who had the power to transmit energy and passion. Learning English became fun with her! Those 3 months studying were more powerful than years of English lessons at school in Italy.

I was hosted by a wonderful family that I still consider like a second family, a home away from home. Being hosted by them made me feel loved and it introduced me to the amazing Aussie culture and lifestyle.

I also remember how beautiful the environment was: classrooms full of international people and the campus with new initiatives every day. Meeting people from all over the world made me think about how wonderful and big this planet is, how beautiful discovering it through people is. It opens your mind and it helps you to know better yourself and your culture. I made friendships I still care about and I am still in touch with some of them.

I think my time at ICTE was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had and it's still all clear in my mind, like something you want to keep with you forever.

11 September 2020