Allianz Global Assistance
We can organise OSHC on your behalf with our preferred provider Overseas Student Health Cover by Allianz Global Assistance and quote the relevant fees in your Letter of Offer. If you are bringing your family to Australia you must advise ICTE-UQ to purchase a family policy on your behalf.
The Overseas Student Health Cover provided by Allianz Global Assistance provides the following:
- 24-hour emergency assistance and medical advice
- medical services provided by doctors (GP Services)
- medical services such as pathology and radiology
- some prescription medicines
- ambulance services.
Health cover is provided on a calendar month basis. Your policy will start on the first day of the month in which you commence your course.
There is a 12-month waiting period for coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. Find out what is and what is not covered by Overseas Student Health Cover by Allianz Global Assistance.
If you have requested that ICTE-UQ or the university arrange your OSHC, you will receive an email from Allianz Global Assistance with information on how to log into your OSHC account through the Allianz Global Assistance website . You will need your OSHC policy number which can be found on your CoE. Once you’ve logged into your account you can order your OSHC card or download the ‘My OSHC Assistant’ app’ on your mobile phone. The ‘My OSHC Assistant’ app can be used to:
- access your e-membership card
- update your personal details, including passport number and nationality
- submit a claim
- locate the nearest direct-billing doctor using your phone’s GPS
- find the number for our 24-hour helpline or our other contact details
- translate medical terms.
Visit Overseas Student Health Cover by Allianz Global Assistance for further information.
Help with claims on campus
An 'Overseas Student Health Cover' provided by Allianz Global Assistance representative visits the UQ campus each week to assist students with enquiries and claims lodgement.