Joel joined the UQ International Development team in 2015, and coordinates international capacity building and training programs within the unit. Joel provides technical, financial and logistical management for Short Course Awards, and has coordinated a number of short courses in Papua New Guinea and Pakistan. He also coordinates long-term projects in Tonga and Mongolia, provides logistical support for APEC workshops and leads the development of internal database and financial tracking systems.
Prior to joining International Development, Joel held roles in a range of environments including:
- in Rwanda as a Psychosocial Development Officer, developing sports and recreational activities in a refugee camp and life skills training for former street youth
- in Brisbane as a Refugee Consultant, completing a feasibility study for future program development
- as Youth Capacity Building Officer, focusing on refugee youth settlement into Australia.
- Master of International Development – Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (Current Studies)
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology) – University of Southern Queensland
- Bachelor of Engineering Science (Civil) – University of Southern Queensland (Current Studies)