Megan has worked as a teacher, lecturer, examiner, trainer, and test writer in Turkey, the UK, and Australia. She has a Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults from the University of Cambridge and a Masters in Applied Linguistics (TESOL) from Macquarie University. She is currently doing a PhD at The University of Queensland in the area of English language assessment.
In the course of her career at ICTE-UQ, Megan has delivered, developed materials for, and coordinated modules for the Bridging English Program, a UQ direct entry program for international students. She has a special interest and expertise in IELTS, English for Specific and Academic Purposes, and materials development.
Megan is the co-author of the Teacher’s Book for The Complete Guide to IELTS, published by Cengage, and the UQ EdX IELTS Academic Preparation massive open online course (MOOC). She has also published and presented extensively in the areas of action research and English language assessment.
- RHD Candidate, School of Languages and Cultures, The University of Queensland
- Master of Applied Linguistics (TESOL), Macquarie University
- Diploma of English Language Teaching to Adults, University of Cambridge English Language Assessment
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL, The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), The University of Queensland
- Speech and Drama Associate Diploma (ASDA), Australian Music Examinations Board
- CELT-S and CELT-P Teacher Trainer Certification, Cambridge English Language Assessment