About Homestay accommodation
Homestay accommodation is a great way to learn about Australian culture and to practise English in a safe, friendly and relaxed environment. We recommend that all our students and program participants choose to stay in homestay accommodation for at least the first 5 weeks of their course or program.
Homestay accommodation includes:
- private bedroom with bed, desk, chair and wardrobe
- access to all family areas of the home
- breakfast and dinner on weekdays
- breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekends
- basic internet access (restrictions such as no large downloads can apply).
Homes are typically located within 10 kilometres of the UQ St Lucia campus in Brisbane. Transport to and from the campus is usually by bus, train or express river catamaran (CityCat) and on average takes between thirty minutes to one hour.
ICTE-UQ visits all families in their home before they are accepted as hosts and students/program participants are matched with their homestay family by the Institute’s experienced Accommodation Officers.
Homestay is available for a minimum of 5 weeks. Students can move in on the Saturday or Sunday before their course commences.
Homestay placement fee
Weekly homestay Fee
Important information about homestay fees
- Homestay is available for a minimum booking period of five weeks. Refunds will not be considered for early departure except in exceptional circumstances.
- All fees must be paid in full and in advance.
- All payments for homestay accommodation must be made directly to ICTE-UQ. To ensure that accurate records are kept, payments between students/program participants and homestay families are not permitted.
- The weekly homestay fee does not include telephone charges. Students are required to pay their homestay families directly for any homestay telephone services they use.
- Additional charges to extend your homestay booking, and in some cases move homestay family may apply.
Find out more about Homestay - get our Homestay guide for students.
Find out how to book Homestay.