We work closely with you to design and deliver experiences to match your education and training needs. Our programs draw on the academic, research and professional strengths of UQ and our network of corporate, business, community and government organisations.
Typically, our customised programs will combine:
- training that is specific to your group's learning goals (with or without English language training)
- guest lectures, workshops and site visits to provide real-world applications and insights
- cultural, tourist or sporting activities.
Our continuing education programs provide intensive, practical and customised training.
Academic and technical training
Program content is experiential in nature and allows participants to observe real-world application of conceptual theories introduced throughout the program. Insights gained can be directly applied to the participants’ area of professional or academic expertise. Programs can also incorporate an internship, a professional mentoring element or guided research project in selected professional/academic areas.
Programs are typically 2 to 6 weeks in duration and can be delivered in Brisbane at UQ St Lucia, throughout Australia and in offshore locations. Programs can also be delivered in languages other than English through the use of professional interpreters.
Corporate and professional training
Training can include:
- professional development and mentoring in areas such as corporate communications, human resource management, change management, project management, leading and managing, and strategic planning skills
- professional site visits to Australian education, government and private industry organisations to observe successful applications of program theory in practice
- a flexible range of half-day, full-day and weekend cultural/tourist activities.
ICTE-UQ, working in collaboration with other UQ divisions, also has significant experience in the design and delivery of programs in the fields of university governance and administration, research commercialisation and innovations in teaching and learning.
Programs with English language training
Customised English language training enables students and professionals to develop general as well as specific English language communication skills relevant to their study area or profession.
Programs can be delivered at UQ St Lucia or your preferred location for single or multiple class sizes of 14-18 participants. Programs are generally 3-6 weeks in duration and include 20 hours of tuition and activities per week.
Tourism and Hospitality is an example of a popular customised program we run on demand.