Apply for Go Global
Step 1: Submit your application
- a completed application form
- current Resume/Curriculum Vitae (in English) in word document format - view sample resume (PDF, 212KB)
- letter of internship objectives (a one page letter in English describing the kind of internship you would like and your professional goals) in word document format - view sample letter (PDF, 216KB)
- academic transcripts
- a current IELTS/TOEFL test. If you do not have a current IELTS/TOEFL test, an ICTE-UQ Representative can organise for you to complete a placement test called a PDET. There is no fee involved to use the services of an ICTE-UQ Representative.
To avoid delays in processing your application, make sure you submit all the required documents and indicate which program visa you will apply for.
Step 2: Have your application assessed
ICTE-UQ Enrolments will assess your application. You will also be contacted directly by Australian Internships for a 15-20 minute telephone interview. The assessment and interview stage of your application will take between one-two weeks.
Step 3: Receive your offer letter
ICTE-UQ enrolments will issue successful candidates with:
- an Offer Letter outlining program dates
- an invoice for all program fees
- an Enrolment Agreement for you to sign and return
Step 4: Accept your offer and pay your fees
To accept your offer, complete the Enrolment Agreement included in your Offer Letter and return it to us with your fee payment. You can pay by:
- credit card
- bank draft or money order drawn on an Australian bank, payable to The University of Queensland for the full amount of the fees
- telegraphic transfer to the ICTE-UQ bank account in Australia
Detailed instructions on how to pay your fees will be included in your Offer Letter.
Step 5: Receive your Letter of Acceptance and apply for your visa
After receiving your signed Enrolment Agreement and full payment for all program fees, the ICTE-UQ Enrolments Office will send you a Letter of Acceptance. Your Letter of Acceptance will include information about orientation and what to do on your first day here.
If you are applying for a student visa, the Enrolments Office will also send you an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (e-CoE) so that you can lodge this with your closest Australian Embassy, High Commission or Diplomatic Mission to apply for your Student Visa.
If you are applying for a working holiday visa you do not require any documentation from us to support your visa application.
Information about your homestay placement and confirmation of your airport reception arrangements (if you have requested either or both of these services) will be sent to you by the ICTE-UQ Accommodation Office 2-3 weeks before the start date of your course.
Step 6: Your internship placement
During the first week of your program in Australia, Australian Internships will organise a time to meet with you to discuss your internship placement further.
Details of your internship training provider will be finalised no later than two weeks prior to your internship start date.
If you need to apply for a Special Program Visa 416 for your internship, Australian Internships will contact you once you are in Australia to assist you with your visa application.
- have an education or employment background in your chosen field for your internship placement
- be a current student or recent graduate (within 2 years)
- be aged between 18 - 30
IELTS 5.0, no score less than 5.0
IELTS 5., no score less than 5.5
Go Global can be undertaken on a Working Holiday Visa or a Work and Holiday Visa.
To see if you are eligible to apply for one of these visas, and to view current visa fees, please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.