Australia - Past, Present and Future
A two-week Study Abroad Program to discover Australia's history, culture, environment, economy and politics.
Gain real-world experience, broaden your perspective and see the world in a new way:
- discover the history, culture and people that have made Australia what it is today and learn how globalisation, particularly the rise of Asian and Latin American economies, will shape its future.
- attend business, politics, history, sustainability and sport presentations at The University of Queensland.
- visit Australian companies and meet with industry experts.
- experience Australia’s culture, art, sport and customs, modern multicultural city life, beautiful beaches and pristine national parks.
- learn about the world’s most ancient living culture - Australia’s Indigenous people. Theirs is the oldest story on Earth and provides an indelible understanding of our land, its spirituality and wonder.
- explore Brisbane, the sub-tropical state capital of Queensland. Brisbane is located between the beautiful beaches of the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast and is Australia’s gateway to business in the Asia Pacific.
Experience Australian culture by living with an Australian family. You will have your own private bedroom and be welcomed to join the family in all shared living areas of the home. Homestay includes breakfast and dinner on weekdays and breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekends. Transport to/from the UQ St Lucia campus is usually by bus and/or train and on average takes 30-40 minutes up to a maximum of 40-50 minutes.
- Inclusions: Airport transfers (local), all lectures, activities and site visits, homestay accommodation (including breakfast and dinner on weekdays and breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekends).
- Exclusions: Weekday lunches(approximately AUD$10 per day), public transport costs to and from campus(approximately AUD$7-$8 per day) and personal expenses.
- Please note that the program prices above do not include international airfares or mandatory health and travel insurance.
Monday 13 - Friday 24 February 2017
Participants should arrive in Brisbane on the Saturday or Sunday prior to the commencement of the program and depart the Saturday following the end of the program.
Language of delivery
The program will be delivered in English and participants are recommended to have an English level of IELTS 5.0 or above to actively engage with this program. Interpreters are not included.
This is a fixed-date program that is open to students from universities all over the world. Please note that a minimum of 20 enrolments are required for the program to proceed.
How to apply
Apply a least two months prior to the start of the program using the Short Term Study Abroad program application form. There are no formal requirements needed to attend this course (e.g. IELTS score or GPA).
Once you have applied you will receive a letter of offer for the program and will be required to pay a deposit of AUD$500 to secure your place. Please do not book flights until you receive confirmation that the program will proceed. You will be notified of program confirmation at least two months prior to program commencement.
Email us to find out more about how to apply.
Get a brochure with a day-by-day itinerary. Final itinerary is subject to change and availability. You will receive a copy of the final program at least one-week prior to program commencement.
Optional weekend trips to pristine beaches, ancient rainforests and meet local wildlife are also available through our Activities office.