Student Experience: I chose Brisbane for the education quality and opportunities

Turkish student, Sümeyye, tells us why she chose to study English at ICTE. 

I am Sümeyye and I am from Turkey. I am studying Bridging English at ICTE and after completing this program I will commence my Masters in Geographical Information Science at UQ.

My classmates and my teachers have been friendly since my first day at ICTE. With the support of my teachers, I have enhanced my English language skills. Outside of class, I have joined in on a variety of  ICTE activities including cooking class, chorus, and conversation club. Thanks to these opportunities and the welcoming university environment at UQ, I adapted to university life in a shorter period than I expected. 

Sumeyye at Mt Cootha

I chose Brisbane for the education quality and the academic and social opportunities that are offered to international students. Brisbane is a very beautiful city with plenty of green spaces such as the Brisbane City Botanic Garden. I find Brisbane very safe and public transport makes it very easy to get around.  I highly recommend ICTE, UQ, and Brisbane for all students planning an overseas education.

Watch Sümeyye talk about her experience

Bridging English is ICTE’s most popular English language pathway, with five entry points for admission into UQ programs, including Study Abroad.
If you meet the academic requirements for entry to a UQ program but need to meet the English language entry requirements, you can apply for a UQ package offer. Find out more

18 February 2020