Engineering Professional Year
The Professional Year in Engineering has been developed by Engineering Education Australia (EEA), the training division of Engineers Australia, to provide you with the knowledge, skills and workplace experience that are required by Australian employers.
The professional component is delivered by EEA and the program provides you with membership of Engineers Australia and access to the Engineers Australia learning platform.
To be eligible for entry, you must
- be a recent graduate of an Australian university course and have applied for or been issued a Skilled-Graduate (Temporary) 485 Visa, or a Bridging Visa A or B, and nominated an Engineering ANZSCO Code for migration purposes.
- hold a successful Migration Skills Assessment Report from Engineers Australia
- have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) with no sub-band less than 5.0.
Other visa holders that are eligible to apply for the Engineering Professional Year are:
- Skilled Recognised Graduate visa (476)
- Secondary visa holder of other visa (457/ENS/RSMS/Labour Agreement)
To find out more about visa requirements for the program, please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Australian citizens and permanent residents who are also recent graduates may also apply for the program. Please be advised that the Professional Year Program is full-fee paying and HECS does not apply.
Fees are paid to Engineering Education Australia.
Fees can either be paid in full on application for AUD$ 15,200 or in 3 instalments over 4 months at a total cost of AUD$ 15,500.
How to apply
Contact a migration agent or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection about your visa eligibility.
Complete EEA's Professional Year in Engineering Application Form, submit the form, along with all supporting documents to EEA.
Pay your PYP Tuition fees directly to Engineering Education Australia.
Complete the ICTE-UQ Engineering PYP Application Form.
Attend an interview and information session with ICTE-UQ.
Receive your Offer Letter and Enrolment Agreement outlining your enrolment conditions.
Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment letter.
We are approved to deliver the Engineering Professional Year Program by Engineering Education Australia.