SMIPA Accounting Professional Year
SMIPA is a professional year program approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and developed by the three professional accounting bodies in Australia - CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants ANZ and the Institute of Public Accountants.
To be eligible for entry, you must have:
- completed at least two years full-time study in Australia in accounting
- have applied for or been issued a 485 Temporary Resident Visa for skilled migration or other appropriate visa, or be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- have a suitable Skills Assessment Report from one of the accounting professional bodies - Chartered Accountants ANZ, CPA Australia or the Institute of Public Accountants
- have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) with no sub-band less than 6.0.
Fees and payment options
These fees are in addition to the $800 non-refundable SMIPA application fee.
Option 1: Payment up front
AUD$ 12,665.00 payable 2 weeks before the program starts.
Option 2: Two instalments
Make two payments of AUD$ 6,332.50 each, payable as follows:
- $6,332.50 due 2 weeks before program starts
- $6,332.50 due Week 4 of program
Option 3: Four instalments
Make four payments of of AUD$ 3,166.25 each, payable as follows:
- $3,166.25 due 2 weeks before program starts
- $3,166.25 due Week 4 of program
- $3,166.25 due Week 8 of program
- $3,166.25 due Week 12 of program.
Extended internship option
You have the option to extend your internship placement by 6 weeks, bringing your total internship duration to 18 weeks. The extended internship option costs an additional $AUD 505 (for Public Liability insurance and Australian Internships administrative fees).
How to apply
- Contact a migration agent or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection about your visa eligibility.
- Complete the SMIPA PYP Application Form and submit it with supporting documentation and payment to us.
- Your application and supporting documents are assessed by us.
- Attend an interview and information session with us.
- Receive your Offer Letter and Enrolment Agreement outlining your enrolment conditions and select your preferred payment option for all remaining tuition fees.
- Pay your PYP Tuition fees (first Instalments and upfront payments are due 2 weeks prior to course commencement).
- Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment letter.
ICTE-UQ has been approved as a SMIPA provider since 2009 by the three professional bodies which oversight the program.